The Neighbor to Neighbor Program helps those who are experiencing financial hardships and need help to get back on their feet. The Neighbor to Neighbor program assists customers with a “hand up”, instead of a “hand out”.
Make a Donation Now
How will the Program Help?
The Neighbor to Neighbor Program, administered by Dollar Energy Fund, provides
eligible customers with a utility assistance grant applied directly to their AEP
Ohio bill. This grant helps limited-income customers maintain or restore their basic
Who is Eligible?
- Are customers of AEP Ohio
- Are at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines (FPIGs). A family
of four earning up to $48,500 per year is eligible.
- Have made a sincere effort of payment on their AEP Ohio bill. A sincere effort is a
minimum of $75 in the last 90 days.
- Have a minimum balance of $50 on their AEP Ohio bill.
When is the Program Available?
The Neighbor to Neighbor Program accepts applications for heating assistance from December 1st
through April 30th of each year. Customers in need of assistance for cooling can apply from July
1st through August 31st. The program will remain available until funding is depleted.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Give to the Neighbor to Neighbor Program by:
- Completing the PDF form and mailing it with your monthly statement
- Giving online at www.dollarenergyfund.org
- Calling AEP Ohio at 1 800-672-2231 to have your monthly donation added directly to your bill.
All donations to the Neighbor to Neighbor Program will assist limited-income families
residing in Ohio.